2021 Green Hop Program
It’s time to make some space in your brewing schedule, because it won’t be long until our green hops begin arriving at breweries around Australia.
Green hops are harvested as whole, wet cones and shipped via express overnight service for immediate brewing, which tends to scare and excite brewers in equal measure. Our brewers use green hops in late kettle additions, dry hopping or post-fermentation. Some choose to add them loose, while other use mesh bags or their own custom dosing systems. The recommended green hop to dry hop ratio varies from 3:1 to 6:1 depending on brewer preference.
Because the bracts begin to wilt as soon as the cone is harvested, some green hops don’t look as ‘green’ as you might expect when they arrive on the brewery floor. Despite their outward appearance, the acids and oils contained within the lupulin glands remain unspoiled and able to impart fresh, vibrant flavours and aromas that are only possible once a year.
In 2021, we’ll be picking Galaxy®, Enigma®, Ella™ and Cascade fresh off the bine in the final week of February for your green hopping pleasure.
Click below to submit your green hop order before Friday 29 January 2021.
Terms & Conditions:
- We can only supply green hops to breweries in metropolitan areas of TAS, VIC, NSW and SA.
- The minimum order fee is $250 (excluding freight and GST), with all orders 10kg and over charged at $25/kg (excluding freight and GST). HPA will contact breweries prior to harvest to provide an estimate for freight. Breweries will be required to accept the freight prior to order confirmation.
- The minimum weight for green hop orders is a 5kg carton. Each carton is 610mml x 350mmw x 404mmh.
- All green hop orders will be shipped via express overnight service only. However, disruptions to this service sometimes occur, which means we cannot guarantee next day delivery. For this reason, credit notes will not be issued unless your order is delivered more than 3 days after the estimated delivery date.
- Once green hop orders have been collected by the freight service, HPA will provide a tracking number so breweries can structure their schedule accordingly. HPA will not be responsible for following up with the freight service unless an order has not been received more than 3 days after the estimated delivery date.
- Picking windows may be subject to change based on seasonal conditions. We will advise any changes as soon as possible.
- The time sensitivity of the Program means our green hops are not subject to the same ISO 9001 quality management system testing and analyses as our other products.
- Green hops should be used immediately upon arrival rather than stored due to risk of spoilage. However, if storage is necessary, we recommend freezing them to preserve their impact in beer.
- We reserve the right to cancel our Green Hop Program if circumstances surrounding COVID-19 cause any disruptions that could significantly impact quality standards.